HIRING FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2021/2022
ICSV is currently seeking a Guidance Counselor to join our team in August 2021.
The guidance counselor works in conjunction with the principals to provide guidance to students
primarily in grades 6 through 12 concerning course selection and registration, college preparation
and application, schoolwide testing, career and transition planning, and personal issues. The
counselor also assists the principals with schoolwide scheduling, awards assemblies, and graduation.
In addition, the counselor works with the registrar to maintain and update student files, report
cards, and transcripts.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Counseling preferred
▪ Previous experience in high school or college office preferred
▪ Experience as an international counselor ideal
▪ Fluency in English; knowledge of German language preferred
▪ Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
▪ Committed to support ICSV’s Christian mission and faith-based education
▪ Willing to honor and uphold all standards outlined in the Faculty Handbook
▪ Able to sign the ICSV Statement of Faith
▪ Active member of a church that supports the school’s Statement of Faith
▪ Knowledge of current trends in college admissions requirements and standardized testing
▪ Computer skills, ability to work with a wide range of programs
▪ Demonstrated ability to develop and implement services for secondary students
▪ Ability to work effectively with school staff, parents, and students
▪ Thorough knowledge of the American Education System and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
▪ Basic knowledge of other educational systems, such as the Austrian public schools and the British System (IGCSE)
▪ Familiarity with UCAS and the Common App system
▪ Understanding of graduation and university requirements
▪ Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Benefits for eligible employees
- Health insurance
- Company-paid pension insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Financial support for professional development
- Tuition discounts for staff with children
After-school care discount for staff with children
If you are passionate about Christ and working with children and adolescents excites you, we would
love to get to know you.
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting time to join ICSV!