The International Christian School of Vienna
provides high-quality, individualized education,
equipping students with Christian character
to impact the nations of the world.
An international school of choice where every student is valued and empowered with truth and
knowledge for life.
- Instructional excellence & innovation
- Individual attention
- Global orientation & preparation
- Dedication & commitment
- Respect & esteem for others
The International Christian School of Vienna is an international school that values excellence in academic education. Our small class sizes (15 to 18 on average) ensure that the students receive greater individual attention. The positive classroom atmosphere is a safe environment, promoting students’ learning and growth both emotionally and intellectually. Our extracurricular activities such as sports, music, and theater are avenues in which their talents and creativity can be developed. We offer the American curriculum from primary (age 5) to grade 12 and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme to students in grades 11 and 12. Students can also take individual IB courses. There are approximately 50 nations represented from various religious backgrounds in our student body. ICSV students are prepared to be academically competitive as they pursue higher education in the global environment. At the same time, it is our aim to equip students with more than academics, providing them with values and strong character to impact the nations of the world.
ICSV is an international school with a United States-based curriculum. The academic program has been accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. It has been granted “Öffentlichkeitsrecht” by the Viennese school authorities. Graduates of ICSV receive a US diploma, acknowledged by universities across the globe.
ICSV students study in small classes led by caring and professional teachers. In this environment students receive a great deal of individual assistance, create close friendships with their peers, and experience true community.
Modeling faith in Jesus Christ is the desire of each staff member at ICSV. The academic program and learning environment reflect this in many ways. As teachers guide students through rich learning experiences, they also strive to nurture the faith of their students.
ICSV — INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE SCHOOL
The International Christian School of Vienna is a candidate school* for the IB Diploma Programme. ICSV is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy — a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that ICSV believes is important for its students.
*Only Schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: The Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Diploma Programme (and in addition the IB Career-related Certificate). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes, please visit the International Baccalaureate Organization website.
ICSV Doctrinal Statement
- We believe the Bible to be the fully inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in both the deity and the humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His miracles. His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His burial, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe each human being is spiritually lost, sinful and utterly unable to save himself.
- We believe explicit faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling and filling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection and judgement of all mankind. Believers are resurrected to enjoy eternal life with God and unbelievers are resurrected to eternal punishment.
- We believe all who have confessed faith in the risen and ascended Son of God are members of Christ’s invisible and universal church. We also believe that the local church plays an essential role in the plan and purpose of God.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the primary purpose of man is to know God, glorify him, and enjoy him forever.