Laughter Returns to the Hallways
I love to open my office window when the kids are outside at recess or in PE class. The sounds of their laughter rise up from the basketball court below, bringing me great joy. This week, we enjoyed having the students in grades four and five return to campus. It was a bit odd to have such a small group here, but they took advantage of having the extra space. They loved playing outside without the little ones. They also had fun creating a Medieval Market. It feels like school when the kids are here!
Some of the things I observed this week:
- Kids excitedly greeting each other after not seeing each other for weeks
- Children demonstrating their understanding of the Covid procedures to test, turn in their ticket, and take their temperature before heading off to class
- Students chasing each other and giggling during recess
- Children sitting in the hallway competing their schoolwork
- Small groups of kids being helped by an aide with a specific task
- Kids running down the stairs excitedly with new library books
- Teachers enthusiastically explaining a concept to their class
- Students creating a Medieval Market for all to enjoy
These are the things that we are looking forward to in the near future for all of our kids. Unfortunately, we have not heard anything about when the school lockdown will end so that we can bring the students back on campus. We will need to be patient while the government officials decide how to proceed.
Hang in there, everyone. We are praying for you all as we await the return of our kids to school.
Because of His Faithfulness,
Sharon Brobst, Director