Major Gift Fundraiser
Major Gift Fundraiser (Full Time)
The International Christian School of Vienna is currently seeking a Major Gift Fundraiser to join our Advancement team. In this role, the fundraiser will use expert communication skills and a sense of initiative to identify fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, manage fundraising campaigns, and reach ICSV’s financial goals through major gifts.
The ICSV fundraiser must be motivated, professional, and organized. We’re looking for someone who believes in the mission of our school and has an exceptional drive for furthering our fundraising efforts, as well as strategizing and reaching our fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, marketing, business, public relations, or related field
- At least three years of experience in a not-for-profit development role
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- German language skills a plus
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Committed to supporting ICSV’s Christian mission and faith-based education
- Willing to honor and uphold all standards outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Able to sign the ICSV Statement of Faith
- Active member of a church that supports the school’s Statement of Faith
- Focus on the acquisition of major gifts
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and projects
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and major donors
- Write grant applications and fundraising proposals
- Plan regular fundraising trips both within and outside of Austria
- Form strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor and fundraising data
- Actively seek to deepen current donor relationships and forge new ones
- Plan fundraising initiatives with the Advancement Director to help the organization meet financial goals
- Actively seek individuals, corporations, and foundations that may become future donors
- Strategize and successfully execute fundraising campaigns
- Frequent travel may be required
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to carefully listen with an empathetic understanding for the funders’ needs and interests
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasker
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines and able to self-manage time and workflow to maximize efficiency
- Ability to successfully balance priorities while managing multiple tasks and planning multiple events
- Confidence in public speaking
- Ability to be resourceful, optimistic, innovative, and flexible to embrace new opportunities
Benefits for Eligible Employees
- Financial support for professional development
- Tuition and fee discounts for staff with children
If you are passionate about Christ and working with children and adolescents excites you, we would love to get to know you.
Please complete our online application form here. Applicants can upload their CVs/Resumes with the online application form.
This is an exciting time to join ICSV!