Thank you to the 124 people who responded to our Parent Survey this year. In 2016, we had 92 respond, so this was a nice increase. There was no great variance in the average scores between the two surveys. In 2018, the scores tended to be either .1 higher or lower than in 2016 on a 4-point scale. We once again scored really well in all areas. For example, the four components of our mission statement all came in higher than a 3, which means that our families either agree or completely agree that we are meeting our goals as a school. Communication scored 3.4, and the school’s environment scored a 3.4. This means that you either agreed or completely agreed with statements about those topics. The overall elementary program scored 3.4, middle school 3.2 and high school 3.2. These are all out of 4, which means you scored the school between good and excellent.
This year we added the question about whether you would recommend ICSV to other parents. 98% said you would, and many comments stated that you already have! Word of mouth is by far the best way for us to recruit new families to the school. Thank you.
When asked about our greatest facility needs, the top four were gymnasium, sports field, science labs, and auditorium. 13% of you said that you would be interested in serving on a facilities committee. Be assured that we are in agreement about our facility needs.
When asked to comment about changes you’ve seen in your students, the following descriptive words were used: maturity, self-confidence, generosity, humility, friendly, polite, social, courteous, happy, strong in Christian faith, prayerful, studious, less anxious, God-fearing, motivated, relaxed, sensitive, respectful, and obedient.
The Parent Survey is always a great encouragement to staff and faculty. Here are some of your comments:
- [ICSV is] an educational institution with a balanced academic environment, providing students with the necessary knowledge, as well as good moral values.
- ICSV does not only focus on academic excellence in educating our children, but also incorporates Christian values and standards in the overall curriculum. This helps to strengthen the moral character of the students.
- I like ICSV because you feel like you are in a small family where everybody loves each other and helps others.
- [My children] are never stressed or under pressure. When they return from school, they are happy. They talk and sing about Jesus, and they love the Word of God.
- Our child absolutely loves going to school each day, which is completely contrary to the school she was in previously. This can certainly be attributed to the care and sensitivity of both the teachers and staff and to the school curriculum and positive environment.
It is our sincere privilege to partner with you in the education of your children. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your input.
Because of His Faithfulness,
Sharon C. Brobst, Ed.D.